- Incompatible configuration file format change: YAML is
replaced with Hjson, due to its simplicity, without noticeable lack
of either functionality or convenience.
- Incompatible plain packet format changes. Older versions are
zlib compression is replaced with
Zstandard, due to its speed and efficiency, despite library
version is not mature enough.
- Ability to call remote nodes via pipe call of external command, not only
nncp-cfgnew generates configuration file with many
comments. -nocomments option can be used for an old
- Duplicate filenames have .CTR suffix, instead of CTR, to
avoid possible collisions with .nncp.chunkCTR.
- Ability to override process umask through configuration file option.
- Files and directories are created with 666/777 permissions by default,
allowing control with
- Updated dependencies.
- Full usage of go modules for dependencies management
go.cypherpunks.ru/nncp/v5 namespace is used).
- Forbid any later GNU GPL version autousage
(project’s licence now is GNU GPLv3-only).